As a Care Assistant, you have the chance to make a real difference to people’s lives, supporting them in our Extra Care Centre in Burgess Hill. You will be responsible for meeting the support requirements of our customers, in a way that respects the individual and promotes their independence.
Within this role you will assist our clients with daily tasks as agreed between the customer and All Care. The type of support that you can expect to be providing is no different from what would reasonably be given by a member of the person’s family. For instance, you may be providing personal care, food/fluid preparation, medication prompts.
Pay: £8.74 per hour Monday - Friday, £9.28 per hour weekend and £13.12 per hour on Bank Holiday.
Shifts: You will be required to work in a flexible manner, on a roster basis, which will include mornings, evenings, weekends and nights.
Responsibilities of a Care Assistant;
- Helping clients to achieve their reablement plans/goals.
- Promoting dignity and respect.
- Meal preparation/support.
- Personal care.
- Medication support.
- You will support residence to maintain a healthy state of wellbeing, mentally, physically and emotionally.
- You will (alongside members of the person’s circle of support) empower individuals to be happy, healthy, and successful in achieving their life goals.
Skills you should possess for the Care Assistant role;
- Previous experience, whilst desirable, is not necessary.
- Passion for making a difference to individuals.
- A can-do and highly motivated attitude.
- Ability to prioritise workloads.
- Reliable and flexible.
- You must have excellent communications skills and the ability to build relationships with those we support and those around them.
- Ability to be patient and keep calm under pressure.
All Care have served our community since 2004 and from day one have put the customers at the heart of everything we do. We cover care in 4 regions of the South-East; Buckinghamshire, Hampshire, West Berkshire and West Sussex.
Make a difference to someone’s life and apply today: www.all-care.co.uk/careers
- Career development opportunities
- Free uniforms
- Full training provided
- NVQ in Health and Social Care (Level 2 – 3)
- Paid DBS
- Paid induction training